“We are taught to compare, separate, shrink, cut-down, “package”, contort, scrutinize, disappear. This causes anxiety, depression, and isolating behaviors when lived over time. Sisterhood and celebration of ourselves EXACTLY AS WE ARE are necessary to unwind around this toxic programming.” – Libby Bunten
This podcast has me fired up!
Women are taught from an early age that we are not enough as we are.
So we shrink, poke and manipulate these beautiful bodies of ours.Libby and I run in the same female entrepreneurial circles.
So, yes…I knew her name and a little about her biz, but now I know her wildness.
I saw a post on Libby’s Facebook page on July 15th.
It starts with this line: “Ever feel like your body doesn’t belong?”
From the very first line, there was a revolution in my heart.
And I knew I needed to have a real conversation with this brilliant soul.
So, we did this thing.
And I’m sharing it with you.
Because we want to fit in.
Because we believe this is the pathway to being accepted, loved, seen, valued.
But, it’s bullshit, women.
Total and complete bullshit.
This conversation is a brilliant one.
Filled with f-bombs and real-woman talk.
We get real and raw.
- Learn to listening to the divine signs that are pushing you towards a life that is fucking scary and liberating.
- Our beautiful bodies and the wisdom and stories she holds within her tissues..
- How we are subconsciously bought in to this ideal of what a woman’s body should look like. Gross.
- How women experience daily micro-assaults that affect our self-image and sense of worthiness.
- Libby shares the visual of her “inner-dial of self-worth”. I love this!!!
- You don’t have to perform a certain way? Get a certain grade, weigh a certain number…to have. Value.
- How your weight is used as currency – for love, pleasure, wearing a certain bathing suit.
- How sisterhood, pleasure and honoring our darkness is the path to truly loving and accepting ourselves again.
- How Pleasure is the path to FREDOM
- How YOU approving of YOUR body – is the only way out.
- Creating Sacred Space for your darkness in Sisterhood
- How your rage and grief are not bottomless and how moving your body is THE WAY to process it.
- How your body is not just a head carrying device
- How your “performance” makes you feel safer, but it’s patriarchal bullshit
- And…what WILD means to LIbby
I love to hear from the women in my community.
Love you madly,